Managed Services - Device Management
Process and technology to keep your servers, desktop, and mobile devices running optimally.
Your business probably relies more on it's IT infrastructure today than ever before. The reliablity and performance of your servers, desktops, and mobile devices is now mission critical. At the same time, we are witnessing an explosion in the number of devices accessing your data. Between desktops, laptops, smartphones and tablets, it's not uncommon for users to access 3 or 4 devices each day in the performance of their job. For all of these reasons and more, it is critical for you to have a unified device management process in place.
EmPower's process-driven appraoch to "Managed Services" includes an emphasis on the performance, uptime, and maintenance of your servers, desktops, and mobile devices. Under EmPower, our Centralized Services team monitors the performance of your devices, performs regular preventative maintenance, and applies software updates. In fact, our monitoring system not only detects issues but auto-resolves many of them as well -- before you even notice them. If our software agent can't auto-resolve an issue, it escalates it to our Service Desk so that one of our team members can remote in and address the situation. While we don't advertise the names of our tools for security reasons, our device management service includes:
- Remote Access - This is our secure, agent-based tool that allows our Service Desk to remotely access your servers and desktops. By working remotely, we achieve faster response times, faster resolutions, and less disruption in your business. That's not to say we don't come on site when needed, but remote access via our agent is always the first choice. This same agent can also be used by your end users to remotely access their desktop when needed.
- Performance Monitoring - We monitor your servers and desktops 24x7 for signs of hardware issues, software glitches, and operating system issues. When issues are detected, our tools either auto-fix the problem or alert our Service Desk to remote in and review the situation.
- Preventative Maintenance - Our Centralized Services team follows a weekly, monthly, and quaterly structured process to maintain the health of your systems. We regularly review items like storage health and free up disk space, perform log management, and schedule reboots to resolve issues related to patching or other updates.
- Patch Management - The Centralized Services team also reviews, approves and deploys updates to operating systems and major software applications that are critical to the day-to-day operations of your business. We monitor for successful deployment and take corrective action when needed to ensure that everything stays up to date. Deploying patches in a timely manner is a major component of maintaining a secure and high performing environment.
- Mobile Device Management (MDM) - With MDM, we monitor, manage and secure any smartphones or tablets that access your Office 365 e-mail, applications, and data files - both company owned and personal devices. MDM allows us to enforce a consistent security policy (i.e. no jailbroken devices, minimum OS versions, passcode requirement, etc.) and remotely wipe a device if it is lost or stolen. MDM does not compromise user privacy and only impacts company data on personal devices. Also, MDM is just the starting point in mobile device management - your organization may also require a more advanced solution called Mobile Enterprise Management that creates a secure, encrypted partition on each device and can be used to manage the applications installed on those devices. Be sure to ask if you think you might need MEM.
When IT Matters
If your organization depends upon it's information technology, then you need a structured, process-based approach to IT management. EpiOn's EmPower program starts by aligning your IT with your business goals and industry best practices for security, performance, and capacity. EmPower's Managed Service program ensures that your environment operates at peak efficiency and when help is needed, our Service Desk is just a call, chat, or e-mail away. To learn more about the specific solutions included as part of the Device Management service inside of EmPower's Managed Services program, use the form at the right or call us at (931) 526-3742.